11 Tips of Leaner Eating Habits
- Developing one’s eating habit may prove difficult in the beginning, especially those aspiring to shred out some “excess baggage”, but that’s exactly how one weight conscious individual should get things done.
- The bottom line perhaps for one who is yearning to reach an “ideal weight” is discipline -specifically on one’s eating habits.
- Eating leaner foods and using less fat in the process of cooking basically reduces cholesterol in one’s solid intake, thus making him closer to his or her goal which is to trim down to a level that is most desirable of one’s age, built and liking. Short of saying, you are what you eat.
- Ingredients and oil used in the preparation of food actually matter insofar as cholesterol level in the finished food variant is concerned. The use of margarine as an alternative to edible cooking oil is one good idea.
- There are margarine’s in the local market that reduce cholesterol levels. These margarine’s have special plant extracts and phytosterols that scientific studies show lower cholesterol level by as much as 10 percent. Phytosterols has in fact been a proven to largely contribute in lowering cholesterol level as the same substance used to form part of drugs that tend to bring the same result.
- Another is to have your meat boiled first before cooking it the conventional manner. Boiling the meat allows the meat to discharge oil and having it mixed with the boiling water. It is imperative however that the water from where the meat was boiled should no longer be used for the preparation of the actual food variant.
- Another way is to steam the meat, while others opt for grilling it. Both cooking procedure does not use oil and even allows oil to drip and leave the meat itself.
Eating leaner and lighter food has in fact been the generic recommendation of dietitians and nutritionists for people checking on their weight, trying to lose excess baggage and even those who simply wanted healthy foods.
- There is also what many dietitians and nutritionists call as functional foods. Research would show that some nutrients and plant extracts can have beneficial health effects, one of which is an extended life span at a time when life expectancy appears getting shorter and shorter every year.
- Functional foods are basically those with special healthy ingredients or engineered into the food. Herbs are added to food and special fatty acids and bacteria, as well. A long list of these functional ingredients has undergone extensive tests. Tests have also shown that consuming such foods may ward off a particular disease.
- There are other functional foods that are undergoing tests worldwide, but have yet secured clearances and certifications on its being effective. There are also a number of vitamins claiming to complement effort s to reduce weight and provide the much needed body nutrient. It is however important that we keep in mind that healthy foods actually depend on one’s outlook.
- Eating leaner foods is good, provided it has the nutrients that our body needs. It is also necessary that we still exercise. It is equally important for us to think positively. After all, beauty and health aura emanates from deep within one’s own thinking.
How did you like the article? If you liked it, then share it with your friends. Please give your suggestions in the comment box. Thank you.